This is the big clean out edition of On the Internet. I’ve been keeping track of all sorts of links, but I don’t get to these posts nearly as often as I’d like to, mostly because it’s time consuming. I’ve been sitting at the computer since 10am and spent most of the day going through my starred items on Twitter and Google reader, along with a bunch of links I emailed to myself. But I think I found a way to keep up with it all – Tumblr. I’ve been trying to post things there, and I might be able to avoid the huge backlog of things if I can use that more effectively.
Anyhoo, here goes with the huge link list. This should keep you busy for awhile if you have a compulsion to click on every link you come across, like I do.
- The Guild season 4 has finally premiered!
- This is Why I’ll Never Be an Adult. You may have seen this on the interwebs already, but I LOVE it. Also, can someone please buy me this mousepad? I need it.
- The Old Spice Guy has been making tons of videos in response to fans questions. Here’s a proposal he did on behalf of a fan and a bit of a look at how it’s done. If you haven’t seen these yet, you should. It’s the most brilliant marketing campaign. Ever.
- Beavis and Butthead are coming back! I spent way too much time watching this show, and can’t wait to hear what the boys have to say about today’s music. Heh heh. Oh, and Daria is out on DVD – the whole series. This is on my wish list as well.
- It’s after 8pm as I write this, and the current temperature is 107°F (that’s 41°C). This article from the Las Vegas Review-Journal sounds like they’re kidding about what this kind of heat feels like, but they’re not.
- My blogging friend Ben Barden has launched a new blog called The Blog Cop. It’s a bit of a snarky commentary of things that are seen on blogs and other websites that can annoy readers. Hey Ben, here’s an idea for a post – I tweeted about auto-start music earlier today.
- Ben is also the author of the Top Ten Blog Tips blog, and recently compiled some of the best tips into a free e-book. I downloaded the book and it has tons of great ideas in it.
- I recently got a Droid phone and I love it. It kept me sane when I went on vacation on the wrong day because I was able to check my email the minute I got off the airplane. The Android Market has tons of apps, so there’s really not anything your phone can’t do.
- My friend Fresh Peaches over at Such Cool Stuff recently featured Women of Substance, an internet radio station. It’s no secret that I’m a fan of what Mister refers to as angsty chick music, so this was a brilliant find. I’ve been listening when I’m at my computer at home (like now) and signed up for their mailing list and was automatically entered to win a free CD – which I won! I got an autographed copy of One Day by Arlene Kole, which I’ve been enjoying very much.
- Facebook privacy has been an issue lately – here’s how to lock down your profile.
- Need to get your Twitter under control? ManagerFlitter makes it easy to see who’s active or not, and lets you do a mass unfollow. I cleaned up my list a bit with this.
- I got a Kreativ Blogger award from Jen at The Stylish Thirties. Thanks for the award, and I’m sorry I suck so bad at following up with this sort of thing!
- I watched Tosh.0 on TV the other night. It’s a blog, but on television. Strange concept, when you think about it.
- Amanda Palmer is awesome. Check out this video of a song she whipped up in no time, about art and creativity.
- Speaking of creativity, here’s 201 Ways to Arouse Your Creativity. It’s geared towards writing, and since I read a lot about blogging and writing, let’s also include 10 Ways to Blog When You’re Not Blogging, Blogging Your Personal History, The No. 1 Habit of Highly Creative People, and 1066 Links, Lessons, or Tips for Bloggers. It’s a list of links that lead to more lists – just the kind of thing to keep you busy on the internet for days!
- Our friend Zac is at it again. Part 1 of his latest film, The League of Extraordinary Industrial Retards, has finally been released. Also available are parts Two and Three.
- I don’t play WoW, but Mister does and I guess you could say I’m a fan (see The Guild). I’m also a MythBusters Fan, so this video that blends the best of the two was genius.
- I Write Like analyzes a sample of writing from your blog (you have to copy and paste) to see what published author’s style your writing is most like. I keep getting different results based on what I put in, but it’s interesting – plus, I’m finding more books that I need to check out.
- Just in case I haven’t wasted enough of your time yet, here’s Time Magazine’s Best Blogs of 2010 and for those who seriously love link lists and never want to see the light of day again, Blog.com’s big list of Top 10 Lists. You’re welcome.
Besides the entire day it took me to go through all the old stuff and get it organized, this post took me about 90 minutes to write. These things are time consuming. Look for more frequent updates on my Tumblr.
Do you do link posts or have somewhere that you share your internet finds? Please share them with this internet addict!